Housing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Housing?

I don't know if the game implemented this feature, but will their be a housing system? If so, what will it be like in regards to both Romans and Rebels?

With that in mind, for the combat sort will camps be able to assembled and disassembled?

Move to ideas, completely forgot about that section and I feel it belongs there.

Comment

Anything? It seems pretty quiet on here. Quiet as the western front.

Comment

I like the idea of setting up and dismantling camps, might be hard to implement though.
        Perhaps some kind of item you carry with you that you need a certian amount of to create a camp. eg. up to 6 would create a tent and fireplace, 50 would create 10 tents and a palisade wall around them. Something like that would be pretty cool. Even for loners to camp for a night, maybe cook some food.
        As far as housing goes, of course there will be some kind of housing system, no need to ask questions for the sake of it

Comment

Originally posted by Jaizaa View Post
          I like the idea of setting up and dismantling camps, might be hard to implement though.
          Perhaps some kind of item you carry with you that you need a certian amount of to create a camp. eg. up to 6 would create a tent and fireplace, 50 would create 10 tents and a palisade wall around them. Something like that would be pretty cool. Even for loners to camp for a night, maybe cook some food.
          As far as housing goes, of course there will be some kind of housing system, no need to ask questions for the sake of it

I agree, I mean there is a crafting system maybe it'll be something released in a patch or something of that nature.

Comment

If there is housing, hopefully insulae and domus will be modelled. Maybe buying/building an insula means you could rent to other players!

Comment

I hope too that a some sort of camp or housing system is put into place. I think even better would be if we had to craft it ourselves, or with the help of the family.

Comment

This isn't all about family, we still have military orientated folk.

Comment

The details of the housing system have not been released. I would prefer a combination of rental apartments within cities and the ability to build a house out in the wilderness (similar to SWG). However, this would require a very large game world. If the game world is smaller in size, instanced city housing might be the only option.

Comment

The game world is HUGE!!!!! ...but still no info yet about housing.... Hopefully I can share soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Collatinus View Post
                      The details of the housing system have not been released. I would prefer a combination of rental apartments within cities and the ability to build a house out in the wilderness (similar to SWG). However, this would require a very large game world. If the game world is smaller in size, instanced city housing might be the only option.
                      Yes you will be able to build where you wish outside the walls of Rome. At least as a rebel..... Inside the city I don't know if there is a final word on what housing will be like but may be an instanced situation... like apartments and such.... but I do not have a clear word on that yet....

Comment

Originally posted by Babulus View Post
                        The game world is HUGE!!!!! ...but still no info yet about housing.... Hopefully I can share soon!
                        Originally posted by Babulus View Post
                        Yes you will be able to build where you wish outside the walls of Rome. At least as a rebel..... Inside the city I don't know if there is a final word on what housing will be like but may be an instanced situation... like apartments and such.... but I do not have a clear word on that yet....
                        If it is huge, then Romans should be able to build houses outside the city. It certainly fits the historical period and RP.

Not sure if the game mechanics in the initial launch will allow it, but at some point, there should also be an option to have non-instanced housing within the city. It would obviously be much more expensive, due to limited supply, but some might be willing to pay for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Collatinus View Post
                          Not sure if the game mechanics in the initial launch will allow it, but at some point, there should also be an option to have non-instanced housing within the city. It would obviously be much more expensive, due to limited supply, but some might be willing to pay for it.
                          This is my secret desire also and I have bent the ear of the main dev many times this direction No idea what we will end up with yet....

Comment

Working...
                          X