Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dirtier city?

Hello there!
    I've been looking at all the pictures that got uploaded and I was thinking they are too clean. Rome was a respectable city, but it sure wasn't a perfectly clean city. Perhaps if the textures were made "dirtier", or darker. Some of the buildings have stairs that are completely white and unstained. I don't want to poop in your coffee, but if the entire city looks as clean as these pictures it will start to look unrealistic. Roads within the city should be cracked, broken, there should be potholes and other worn out things. I know that this game is still in very early development, so I guess it is okay to do this over time. I'm just wondering if this will happen over time.

I also noticed some very repetitive texturing. An example of this would be the roof tiling on some of the red roofs. Another example is the sand in the Colosseum or other arenas.

Anybody else share my opinion?

Anyway, great work team! The game looks great, I can't wait to play it myself.
    Last edited by masuderman; 01-12-2017, 09:11 PM.

Hello,

The pictures that are out to the public are increasingly becoming outdated.However I can assure you that the textures are being updated, tweaked, and improved upon as development continues so that Rome may have a historical and interesting atmosphere by the time Life of Rome is released!

I hope my answer was sufficient to clear any doubts about the textures,

Willy McBride

Comment

Originally posted by masuderman View Post
      Hello there!
      I've been looking at all the pictures that got uploaded and I was thinking they are too clean. Rome was a respectable city, but it sure wasn't a perfectly clean city. Perhaps if the textures were made "dirtier", or darker. Some of the buildings have stairs that are completely white and unstained. I don't want to poop in your coffee, but if the entire city looks as clean as these pictures it will start to look unrealistic. Roads within the city should be cracked, broken, there should be potholes and other worn out things. I know that this game is still in very early development, so I guess it is okay to do this over time. I'm just wondering if this will happen over time.

I also noticed some very repetitive texturing. An example of this would be the roof tiling on some of the red roofs. Another example is the sand in the Colosseum or other arenas.

Anybody else share my opinion?

Anyway, great work team! The game looks great, I can't wait to play it myself.
      Excellent point and suggestion!! I second masuderman's opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by WillyMcBride View Post
        Hello,

The pictures that are out to the public are increasingly becoming outdated.However I can assure you that the textures are being updated, tweaked, and improved upon as development continues so that Rome may have a historical and interesting atmosphere by the time Life of Rome is released!

I hope my answer was sufficient to clear any doubts about the textures,

Willy McBride
        +1 Yes things are updating all the time

Comment

Originally posted by masuderman View Post
          I've been looking at all the pictures that got uploaded and I was thinking they are too clean. Rome was a respectable city, but it sure wasn't a perfectly clean city. Perhaps if the textures were made "dirtier", or darker...
          Given that development is still pre-alpha, you can be sure that all textures will get many improvements over time. Perhaps if you could provide images of some reproductions, it would be helpful for the Devs. There are many lectures on ancient Roman architecture on YouTube, many of which have digitized what it might have looked like in that time.

Comment

Working...
          X