Voice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice

In most role playing games, interactions between players who aren't in an external program such as discord, usually remain as written communication,
    but what if that communication could take place between anyone in game and within proximity by a mere voice push-to-talk command? It would add a certain level of intrigue to overhear some plotting being whispered in an alley on the way to the forum, or discuss with others in a taverna. While I realize some players may try to find ways to exploit this, or be rude, there could also be ways of reporting or muting them as well. Overall I think it would add a degree of immersion to those who would enjoy that.

There would def have to be a way to mute, or something to spammers. pretty much every game with voice has a huge problem with people just screeching stupid stuff over it

Comment

I am a community manager, and if we had in-game voice I would totally turn into your worst nightmare and play loud music though my mic and chase people around playing the Benny Hill theme song

....bad idea voice ingame

Comment

Originally posted by Babulus View Post
        I am a community manager, and if we had in-game voice I would totally turn into your worst nightmare and play loud music though my mic and chase people around playing the Benny Hill theme song

....bad idea voice ingame
        Yep guess you gotta plan for the worst XD

Comment

in todays internet society of pvp based griefer mentality it would turn into a sh$t storm

I would love it if mankind had evolved forward since the invention of the internet, but by the out of control news in the world today we have actually regressed to a more evil primitive state than human kind was 100 years ago

Comment

Yeah, I quit games like CSGO because of how toxic people were, can you imagine I told my team I needed a time out because my keyboard was having problems and they would rather lose every round than allow me a minute to fix it? That sadistic part of human psychology baffles me, I'd rather die, and lose than allot one min so you can fix a simple problem. Eventually I just left the game all I had to do was unplug my USB keyboard and plug it back in again... but still.

Comment

Working...
            X