A true "Life-Simulator"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gaivs View Post
    A system where if you die, you lose everything. You'll need to start back off as a servant and work your way back up into the army/politics
    I'm not too sure about this. Could you imagine playing as a Roman and hearing about constant ambushes from a highly organized Rebel group? You would NEVER leave the city! XD
    - Life of Rome Community Manager
    - Head of Family Aulus: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/LORAulus / https://forums.lifeofrome.com/forum/...ly-recruitment
    - Fortes Fortuna Iuvat!

Comment

Great thread. I had missed this before. Most of the ideas here I agree with, but I'm not sure about the "lose everything when you die" thing. That has been a sticking point with a lot of MMOs in the past. There certainly should be a penalty, but to lose everything? Anyone who rose to any degree of power would instantly become a target for assassination, and it could get to the point where everyone was constantly starting over again. As far as bending the gender roles from what was historic to a more modern interpretation, I fully understand the lure of this, and imo women should be treated as equals of men (I have two daughters) but I prefer a historic approach with this game. Females still could exert considerable power within a family, and I love the idea of female gladiators!! As already pointed out, the Vestal Virgins were also a very powerful group. After thinking about it, I do not agree with female Legionnaires, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden-Winter View Post

I'm not too sure about this. Could you imagine playing as a Roman and hearing about constant ambushes from a highly organized Rebel group? You would NEVER leave the city! XD
        That's the whole point, you have to organize patrolls with your legion, friends or family. Whenever your group takes casualties it will make it harder for them to get all their armory and weaponry back. This would give blacksmiths/traders a good oppurtunity to make profit by selling armor to groups of people for when they lose a member.

Comment

A system where if you die, you lose everything. You'll need to start back off as a servant and work your way back up into the army/politics
          Ok, but optional and not imposition. I mean, player A is `hardcore´ in sense that seek elements ingame to experiment an more realistic gameplay , then player A can activate option in his configuration/character creation in order to, for example, die permanently , etc.
          Player B don´t seek that, then player B let disabled the option.

Otherwise, I think can´t work.
          -CHORUS: Who then is the helmsman of Ananke (Necessity)?
          -PROMETHEUS: The three-shaped (trimorphoi) Moirai (Fates) and mindful (mnêmones) Erinyes (Furies).
          -CHORUS:Can it be that Zeus has less power than they do?
          -PROMETHEUS: Yes, in that even he cannot escape what is foretold.

Comment

Well if you keep your stuff, with unlimited amount of respawns, it's just going to be a big deathmatch like COD where everyone can just rejoin the battlefield.. At least make it so you lose the stuff you are wearing or holding in your inventory.

Comment

Penalties sure can be settled in order to gamers play with a minimum of prudence. But I don´t know how works, the devs. not share many info about the system of stuff, inventory, death, and negative effects with those things.

See you, Gaivs.
              -CHORUS: Who then is the helmsman of Ananke (Necessity)?
              -PROMETHEUS: The three-shaped (trimorphoi) Moirai (Fates) and mindful (mnêmones) Erinyes (Furies).
              -CHORUS:Can it be that Zeus has less power than they do?
              -PROMETHEUS: Yes, in that even he cannot escape what is foretold.

Comment

Well if you keep your stuff, with unlimited amount of respawns, it's just going to be a big deathmatch like COD where everyone can just rejoin the battlefield.. At least make it so you lose the stuff you are wearing or holding in your inventory.
                No we don't want a COD type of solution for this issue, I agree. Yes, there should be a significant penalty for death, and losing the equipment you had on when you died, plus anything in your carried inventory, perhaps also, seems reasonable to me. Marcus is right, however, we just don't know much about how the devs plan on approaching this. I think we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

Comment

Working...
                X