Player housing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player housing

I know a lot of mmo's don't have an option for player housing, ive always found this to be something I want from a game. I know some mmo'​s offer guild or clan housing but I think being able to have the option to buy a house or shack would make it that much more fun... as well as if you specialize in a certain craft line you should be able to purchase a store front in the market place to sell your wares. I just feel like these options would just add a tad more to the realism/ roleplay factor.

I would love to hear peoples thoughts on this!

While I agree with this verily, the map itself is finite and as such housing is finite. How do we allow people to purchase houses if all of them are sold out?

Comment

What about family housing I believe they mentioned large families -- so many families per server able to purchase property to some extent? as for the store front I feel like there Is only a certain kind of person interested in owning and running a store and for only so long.

Comment

I believe the families with the most influence and deepest roots should have housing inside the city itself and people with less influence and wealth could perhaps live on the outskirts or even outside the city. Maybe separate servers could be established for those fortunate enough to own a villa.

Comment

There should be plenty of shacks and apartments in the city itself. It depends how they want to do it, I suppose.

Comment

I think it will probably reflect their desire to be as historic as possible. Gannicus has it right. It is most likely that a limited number of powerful and politically influential families will own most of the property in the better parts of the city. Many of them will live in private villas outside of Rome. A great deal of the city will be ramshackle apartment buildings (Insulae) where most of the people lived. The tenements will be available for rent, I would guess, but they don't have to be big to be authentic, and were supposed to be overcrowded. Part of the city will be slums where the poorest people live and the cheapest housing, or perhaps a bed, would be available. The marketplaces would be rows of stalls and single rooms which would also be rented out, with the owner hopefully being able to live in a small apartment behind or above his booth. I think it would be rare for one of them to actually own his property. As ZA21 pointed out, there is only finite space on the map, but you could sure pack a bunch of players in those insulae and call them homes. Can't wait!

Comment

Housing is one of those things I would love to sit down with the devs and discuss. There are several options to make them customizable and unique, some more customizable than others.

As they don't seem to be discussing monthly fees, I wonder if they are going to add any form of microtransactions. customizations that can be purchase in game vs some "premium" decorations or content. Nothing that would upset game balance, ideally. Dunno, there are many things that can happen, some of which might be unpopular but necessary for the game to continue on.

I mean, if juggernauts like Blizzard, Bethesda, and Bioware have such in their MMOs, it stands to reason that LoR may need it. So long as they don't charge through the nose like those companies do.

I just realized that many MMO companies start with B. Including Breakout. Weird.

Comment

Interesting thoughts, Draco. I don't see why the devs couldn't furnish "premium" decorative content, as you say. It would only add to the game, and provide Breakout with a potential source of additional profit. I like it.

........yes, very strange about the Killer Bssss.....

Comment

Hey all!

I will raise this with the developers! I know a lot of good MMORPG's have housing in it, especially since it adds to the immersive feeling, and can be good for guilds etc. Thanks for this!
                  Life of Rome Community Manager
                  Email: jtom2k@outlook.com
                  Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jtom2k/

Comment

Something similar to that of Second Life's housing solution I feel could be a really special system within Life of Rome. Maybe the introduction of a set number of Villas, insulae etc along with the ability for players to build their own property on purchased land? Not entirely sure on the size of the game, but seeing as its intention is to be open world this could be an exciting feature

Comment

I personally would like to see non instanced housing... if its a shack in-game.. then its a lower level house.... a villa, higher etc.. these are just wishes myself as I am not yet sure of housing plans

Comment

The best housing system in any MMO has been Star Wars Galaxies. Non-instanced, customizable, choose your own location in the world, etc. It would be dependent on LoR having a very large world however. Not sure if that's in the cards...

Comment

Working...
                        X