Carthage? or the Guals?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carthage? or the Guals?

As one of the more famous war the roman empire went into, this would be good for rebels. And with Hanibal they be great rebels. Also the guals aka french warriors who were used in gladaitorial matches a lot for their ruthlessness. They also effect the roman history as Julius Ceaser fought them and after he defeated them he went to the capital and took power after the campaign.

Hello,

At the time in which Life of Rome is being set (320AD), there would no longer have been a "Carthage", and Hannibal and Julies Caesar would have been long dead. Of course there could be people from Carthage, but they would be considered Roman citizens: the same rule would apply if they came from Gaul. If they chose to rise up in rebellion they would be considered Roman rebels. Yes Julius Caesar and Hannibal had a great influence on Rome, this is just the wrong time period.

You may portray your character from wherever you please, but there would be no real invasion by the non-existent Chiefdom of Gual, nor from a Carthaginian nation. You may role play claiming to be under one of these two groups - but I don't think at this time there will be any other outside forces coming to Rome other then rebels.

I hope that you understand,

Willy McBride

Comment

In truth, rebels would more than likely be pagans attempting to reassert their influence in Roman society as Christianity is on the rise with Emperor Constantine's rule.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
        In truth, rebels would more than likely be pagans attempting to reassert their influence in Roman society as Christianity is on the rise with Emperor Constantine's rule.
        That's really interesting you noted that! I imagine however that the iconography in the city is still in tact, or has Christianity already spread to the Eastern half?

Comment

Originally posted by Milesius View Post

That's really interesting you noted that! I imagine however that the iconography in the city is still in tact, or has Christianity already spread to the Eastern half?
          Christianity STARTED in the Eastern half. :P

It'd already be quite well established in Antioch and Alexandria (and Jerusalem, I would assume). The Syria/Egypt areas became Christian relatively swiftly.

Constantine legalizes Christianity in the Western half during his reign (technically through the entire Empire, but he doesn't control the Eastern half until later). He eventually adopts the religion himself and all of his successors (minus one) are Christian.

Anyway, with his legalization, churches are being built and the Roman Cult is losing influence in Rome.

Comment

Sorry I meant Western half

Comment

Working...
            X