This will probably be a big issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This will probably be a big issue

Most people will be choosing to become a Roman, which will make it pretty boring. I have a few ideas to prevent everybody becoming a Roman. You can be a roman for 10 lives for free, after that it will cost you a certain amount of gametime as a Rebel. Or set a restriction or rule on becoming a Roman, such as: Being a servant in Rome for at least 7days + 10hours of playtime.

You are right, Gaivs, it is neccesary find a way to balance. Population of romans and rebels.
    I don´t know how the devs. are working in this subject , but indeed is important.

See you.
    -CHORUS: Who then is the helmsman of Ananke (Necessity)?
    -PROMETHEUS: The three-shaped (trimorphoi) Moirai (Fates) and mindful (mnêmones) Erinyes (Furies).
    -CHORUS:Can it be that Zeus has less power than they do?
    -PROMETHEUS: Yes, in that even he cannot escape what is foretold.

Comment

You are both right, but I actually think you will be surprised at the number of players that opt for the "anti-Roman" or "Rebel" factions instead of being good Roman citizens. In the now defunct Roma Victor a sizable portion of the players elected to be barbarians. This is an issue that may need to be weighed after the game starts with the devs making adjustments for balance. As they most recently explained it, there will be no real "anti-Roman" faction. Everyone will start out as Roman, and then your actions will determine whether you become an outcast (Rebel) or not as you play the game. Initially it was going to be Roman and Barbarian, but they dropped the Barbarian faction in favor of Rebels, which are not actually a faction.

Comment

Hi, Titus. After read your message, I think perhaps I underestimated the numbers of players in Rebel side. Recently, even I see a growth of things related with non-romans. I remember that years ago Rome dominate with presence in cinema, videogames, tv documentaries, ..., but recently I see now is much more adjust, now I see about celtics, or specially themes about vikings and norse people, Non-roman or be anti-Roman is in good shape at present.

Thank you for make me reconsider my opinion, Titus. Number of Rebels can give me a surprise.
        Last edited by Marcus Sergius; 12-12-2016, 08:26 PM.
        -CHORUS: Who then is the helmsman of Ananke (Necessity)?
        -PROMETHEUS: The three-shaped (trimorphoi) Moirai (Fates) and mindful (mnêmones) Erinyes (Furies).
        -CHORUS:Can it be that Zeus has less power than they do?
        -PROMETHEUS: Yes, in that even he cannot escape what is foretold.

Comment

I might be Roman, depending on how corrupt the ruling elite are, then perhaps I may chose to rebel...

Comment

I would just let it go, and if its really necessary, just do something in the future IF it becomes a problem

Comment

Working...
            X