Clear All

• Gens Silva

Click image for larger version

Name:	silva family crest.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	894

Salutem!

This is an announcement of the establishment of the Family Silva for Life of Rome. We are a military based family with deep roots in the Roman army, but will be engaging in politics as well in order to further the interests of our family and that of Rome. Our members will be expected to act primarily as Legionnaires, but we will need politicians to represent us in the Senate. The family Legionnaires will be formed into an organized unit using the Roman military system and will participate as a unit in all Roman army actions.

But a successful Roman family requires more than just soldiers and Senators. The Silvii are also actively recruiting individuals who wish to be craftsmen, merchants and even slaves. Everyone will be expected to assist and support other family members and activities. There are no age limits to joining the Silvii, but you are expected to always act like as an adult. Members are expected to be respectful, supportive and helpful to other family members.

We will be organized and active in the game. There will be regular training and assistance available to new members. More information will become available as we learn more about the game itself. Eventually, we will establish a website and private forums for family members and friends. Our primary goal, of course, is to have fun role playing as 4th Century citizens of Rome. Constantine the Great is Emperor, and Rome is beset by enemies without, and within.

If interested in joining, please post a response to this announcement with your desired RP name and role you prefer playing. Also, join us on the steam community. Gens Silva

Points to consider:
    1. The family will be structured as a traditional Roman family.
    2. An independent webpage and private forum will be added in the near future.
    3. Regular training and assistance in the game will be given to new members, and apprenticeships will be available.
    4. Military members will receive regular training, and will operate as a unit within the games Roman Army system. They will individually receive support from the family in their efforts for advancement in the military.
    5. Political members will be supported in their efforts to gain influence, and in the end gain control of the Senate, and finally place a family member in the Consul's chambers.
    6. Businessmen, merchants and craftsmen will receive support, protection and will receive a fair wage for their efforts. Efforts to secure the best possible locations in the marketplace will be made by the family.
    7. Female members are especially valued as an important part of any home, and are encouraged to join us.
    8. We seek to accommodate as wide a range of playing styles as possible, with both casual and serious role playing being acceptable.
    9. The use of Roman or Roman sounding names in game is encouraged, but not mandatory. It is suggested that you use Silva as your middle (nomen) name if possible, but again is not mandatory.

Gratias Vobis Ago,
    Titus Aurelius Silva

Gens Silva AA battery waiting for raiding Rebel Ju-87's? No, no, just a link to a very interesting site.

Last edited by Titus Aurelius Silva; 09-18-2016, 03:38 PM.

That a Bofors gun?

Comment

.....the 40mm/L60 Bofors I believe. Welcome to the forums Milos.

Comment

Very interesting post... I love it!
        Life of Rome Community Manager
        Email: jtom2k@outlook.com
        Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jtom2k/

Comment

Thanks Jackson, you'll always be welcome in the House of Silva.

Comment

I'm happy to announce the addition of Gannicus Octavian to the Silvii. If he wishes it, his name will now be Gannicus Silva Octavian. Welcome aboard Gannicus.

Comment

Hi, the painting of "roman recruitment" is funny, I love it.
              Welcome to your family Gens Silva. Good luck.

And thank you for that link-web of Roman Military Research Society.
              -CHORUS: Who then is the helmsman of Ananke (Necessity)?
              -PROMETHEUS: The three-shaped (trimorphoi) Moirai (Fates) and mindful (mnêmones) Erinyes (Furies).
              -CHORUS:Can it be that Zeus has less power than they do?
              -PROMETHEUS: Yes, in that even he cannot escape what is foretold.

Comment

Many thanks Marcus! My number one rule for all of this is to always have fun!! Those guys in the RMRS appear to be having a blast!

Comment

Gratitude my brother! I am much honored to join the founding ranks of the Silva. I am eager to meet my fellow Romans and make new allies amongst them. To a better future and Mother Rome!

Comment

Well met kinsman! The Silvii are overjoyed to find you at our door, and to welcome you home. Tomorrow we will hold a festival in your honor. (I'll send out the slaves for extra wine.) Together we shall gather allies, defeat enemies, and become a force for the betterment of Rome. And, If you see others of our clan lost and wandering in the wilderness or the streets of the city, tell them that we have been looking for them and await their arrival with glad arms.

Comment

........just added our family to the Steam Community. Please join us there if you haven't already. Gens Silva

Comment

Ah yes, You have my gratitude my good kinsman! I must offer you fair warning however, you may have severely underestimated how much wine we'll need
                        I will see if I can find a few more of our family members and slaves running about in our city's streets.

Comment

.....oh, they haven't shown you the family winery and cellar yet, have they.......right this way......

Comment

I'm happy to announce that Cynfar has joined the Silvii. He joined us on steam. Welcome home Cynfar.
                            Last edited by Titus Aurelius Silva; 09-18-2016, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Gens Silva continues to grow. I'm happy to welcome three new members to our family, Candell, meriadock_90 and hhiver. All of them joined us through steam. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Working...
                              X